With the decade coming to an end and other publications posting their top albums of the decade, I was inspired to do the same. I decided to curate a list of the albums of this decade that have stayed with me all this time; the albums that I can honestly say, have shaped me as a person. You may not think they’re the “best,” but to me, they meant and continue to mean so much.
So here it is, The Soundtrack of my Decade:
(excluding songs from before 2010)
- Allstar Weekend was the first band I traveled out of state for and the only band I’ve done it for more than once. They assisted in creating some of the best moments and friendships I have ever had.
- The soundtrack to Spring Break 2015
(“Waste” is missing in the Youtube playlist)
- The moment I heard the first note in Spiderhead, my life changed forever.
- I’m just going to say it, this is one of the best albums of the decade. Seeing songs from this album performed live was a transcendental experience.
Lorde – The Love Club EP (2013)
- 2013 was a really good year for music huh?
- Did I mention I like Hunny?
Honorable mention to The Frights, Portugal. The Man, Grouplove, Sadgirl, The Regrettes, and of course One Direction for also being massive parts of my life this decade. I didn’t include their albums/ EPs because I would’ve had to include their entire discography’s into the list.